It is located on the gray bar on the right side of your screen, underneath the thirst meter. In a clan, you will start out with 10 reputation automatically. The maximum amount of reputation you can have is 99.
When playing as a rogue, it is shown that you have 99 reputation, however, this number will not increase or decrease no matter what you do. If you give enough gifts to a clan's recruiter and get accepted into their clan, your reputation will automatically drop to 10 and behave normally.
You can earn reputation in several ways. One way is through hunting. You get +2 reputation by dropping a piece of prey on the fresh-kill pile of your clan.
Another way is by doing quests given by your Clan deputy. You will get +7 reputation if you aid your clanmates in the battle mentioned in the quest, and defeat all the cats that spawn at the mentioned landmark. You can also earn reputation by completing tasks for the medicine cat apprentice of your Clan.
The nursery queen may also give your cat quests. As of v15, you can also go to the Moonstone, which will give your cat a random bonus, with one bonus being reputation.
you also may earn reputation by doing medicine cat quests by giving her herbs found around the map
When you eat or buy prey, you lose reputation. If you buy it from your Clan's fresh-kill pile guard, you only lose 1 reputation - yet eating prey from your inventory costs 2 reputation. You can also lose 5 reputation from buying herbs from a medicine cat, or 40 reputation (and 2 bonus coins if you summon Ember from the bell) if you choose to see Ember's Twoleg nest. You can also lose reputation if you purchase Bonus Coins from your clan's elder.
If your reputation drops below 0, you'll get kicked out and become a rogue.
If you have 20 reputation, you can buy a bonus coin. Talk to your Clan's elder, and press backspace to buy a bonus coin. They can be used in the Bonus Shop to buy pelts, clans, Mentor Mode, or Challenge Mode. The Bonus Shop can be accessed by talking to your clan leader. If you are a rogue, you will be unable to access the Bonus Shop unless you join a clan.
You can use 2 of them (you also have to pay 40 reputation) to ring a bell that summons Ember, which is located in RiverClan's territory, a few tiles below the Gorge.
- Even when you're not playing as a rogue, your reputation cannot go any higher than 99. However, it cannot go into the negatives, because it will instantly make you a rogue, if you're not already one.
- In V1, there was a glitch where your cat could be kicked out of a Clan after earning 0 reputation or by running into another Clan's entrance, and would be stuck in an endless loop of joining a Clan, only to be greeted with the Game Over screen repeatedly.
- There is no penalty for eating when you're a rogue.
- As a kittypet, you don't need to eat prey. It will still lower your reputation.
- There is a common glitch where you get kicked out at 1 reputation, so it is advised to stay at 5 and above at all times.
- there is a rare glitch where you don't accept a lot of quests, than the same quest loops over again, so you can stock up on one kind of herb. this is a easy way to get reputation and bonus coins