|Found by:||Snakerocks and Thunderpath|
Dogs are more common than Twolegs, but not as common as Ember. They are fairly elusive and may take players by surprise. They can be found near, Snakerocks, the Thunderpath, and on Windclan territory.
A dog may appear on any screen with a segment of the Thunderpath on it, and in various other areas such as Snakerocks. It will also appear on Windclan territory.
Usually, the dog will ignore any NPC enemy Clan cats and head straight towards the player character, while NPC warriors tend to run away from it.
If the dog gets close to you, your cat's health will start to drain away. Once your cat moves out of the dog's range, their health will stop draining, but if the dog manages to drain their health away completely, your cat will die.It is useless to try to scratch a dog with your claws, as it can't be killed that way. There is only one way to "defeat" a dog: If you are on a Thunderpath screen, try to lure the dog onto the road. If the dog is hit by a car, it will instantly disappear, as of v15.
If you can't do this, or just don't want to risk your own safety, your cat should escape from the dog by fleeing into a different tile. Revisiting the previous tile will reveal the dog's disappearance.
- Dogs are more common than Twolegs.
- Only one type of dog will ever appear; a Golden Retriever.
- Dogs are (almost) invincible; the only way to kill them is tricking them into being run over on the Thunderpath.
- It was thought that dogs were easier to find then Ember. However, this is not entirely true. If you rarely go by the Thunderpath and Snakerocks, you won't find dogs easily. A small survey was conducted, and most of the players reported seeing Ember more often.
- Dogs will generally only attack the player, and no other cats on the screen (if any).
- Dogs will not chase your Apprentice, and your Apprentice will be like there was no dog and follow you. But, if you let your Apprentice stay in front of the dog too long, the Apprentice's health will go lower and lower until it dies.