Death is what happens when a cat severely injures themselves or starves. The player can choose to get the medicine cat to revive them for 5 reputation (if the player is in a clan), or make a new cat when this happens (if the player is a rouge, doesn't want to keep using that specific cat, or doesn't have enough reputation to be revived)
Causes of Death
A cat can die if:
- They are hit by a monster on the Thunderpath
- They don't eat/drink anything and eventually die of hunger/thirst
- They are killed in a battle
- They are killed by an adder, Twoleg, or a dog
- They get too close to the guards of a Clan that they aren't in
- If you are a rogue, you are not given the option to pay the medicine cat to revive you. Instead, you are forced to make a new cat, or exit the game and continue from your last save.
- In battle, after you severely injure another cat (they'll be lying down with an X on them), if you keep attacking them, they will eventually turn into a gravestone, meaning the cat has died. Any of your rogue allies, or your apprentice, do not need to be continuously attacked. They will die simply from being severely injured.
- As a rogue, if a Clan cat gets too close to one of the rogues in your camp (not ones that are currently following you), they will become injured instantly, like entering a Clan's camp that is not yours.