Coco is an NPC that allows the player to change the name of their cat.
When you talk to Coco, she will say: "Oh! Hello there! I'm Coco, nice to meet you. I'm a loner around these parts. And I have the power to change your name! Don't ask me how I do it. I just sort of can. Anyways, would you like me to change your name?"
Coco is always seen as neutral and cannot be hostile. Coco has only one function; changing your name. Coco can be used for many easter eggs. If you change your name to "Falconstar" your name will instead show up as "Nicetryhacker". Other easter eggs can be more useful such as if you name your cat "Ember" your pelt will be changed to Ember's pelt color. You can also unlock certain pelts by naming your cat certain names.
Coco is a rogue and isn't very common to come across. Coco comes randomly and only stays one day while at Fourtrees, so you cannot truly predict when she will come back.
Coco can appear. . .
-4th of Greenleaf
-10th of Greenleaf
- 2nd of Leaf-fall
-3rd of Leaf-fall
-4th of Leaf-fall
- 6th of Leaf-fall
- 7th of Leaf-fall
- 7th of Leaf-bare
- 2nd of Leaf-bare
- 2nd of Newleaf
- 6th of Newleaf
- If you try to name your cat 'Falconstar', it instead shows as 'Nicetryhacker'.
- Coco has the 'Black and White' pelt colour, which costs three bonus coins and can be bought from the Bonus Shop.
- If you name your cat to 'Ember' your pelt will change on your cat to Ember's pelt automatically. You will be unable to change it back, even if you speak with Pandaspirit. This is fixed once you make a new cat.
- if you name your cat "Firestar" and make a new cat, Trainer Tune's pelt will be unlocked for you to use.
- if you name your cat "Untoldtales", a similar effect happens. Instead, you unlock a ginger/black striped pelt.